Writing inside a birthday card can be one of the most difficult things to do if you’re not good with words. I struggle wanting to express my feelings to friends and family. Do you struggle with what you’re going to write inside a birthday card too?
**Disclaimer – We might make a small amount of money from affiliate links and clickable photos in this post, but at no additional cost to you.
Tips for Buying a Birthday Card
When you look at styles in store or online, you should think about what fits your friends’ style. Is it formal, funny, inspirational, or joking.
If your friend is a more serious type of person, then buying them a card joking about their age isn’t going to go over well.
Tips for Writing Inside a Birthday Card
First, don’t worry that what you’ll write will mess up their birthday, unless you’re trying to be like Ross breaking up with them on their birthday! Writing a message is just another way to say I care. Next, try to find a way to tie the message in with what’s going on in your friends life at the time. Example, if they just bought a house, got married, had a baby, tell them how happy you are for them and wish them the best. If you have time it is always great to write a personal long message about your friend. A birthday card can be a great way to tell someone you are thinking of them and wishing them well. It is also an opportunity to show your creativity and to say something that they will remember. Another way to write a message is to share a memory of the two of you.
It’s time to stop writing the same old Happy Birthday message inside the birthday card. A birthday card is a great way to show someone you care. It doesn’t have to be fancy or expensive, it just has to come from the heart. Let’s get creative!
Inside the Birthday Card for Anyone
- I hope your day is filled with love and laughter.
- I hope that this year is the best yet!
- I can’t wait to see what the next year brings you!
- I hope your day is special as you are.
- I hope you get everything you deserve this year.
- You are the kind of person who makes the world a better place.
- Thankful for all the times we have shared together and all the memories we have made. To another great year!
- You’re one of my favorite people to be around.
- I’m so happy that you’re in my life, and I hope you always know that.
- I hope that your birthday is as amazing as you are.
- Happy Birthday, Beautiful/Gorgeous/Handsome.
- I hope this year brings you many more smiles and memorable moments.
- It’s your day so go ahead and do whatever makes you happy!
- Here’s to a year full of happiness and good health!
- Cheers! Enjoy Your Day!
- It’s your day, have the time of your life!
- We hope you have an awesome year ahead.
- May this year bring you everything you wish for and more.
- It’s your day to be spoiled and pampered so enjoy it.
Messages for 20 + Old Happy Birthday
It is important to note that the best message for a 20 year old is being creative and personal. It is also good to mention to avoid topics about marriage, kids, or settling down.
- You’re one year closer to being able to drink legally!
- You’ve grown into such an amazing person, and I am so proud of you. Your life is going to be so full of adventure, so enjoy every moment.
- I can’t wait to see what you do with the rest of your life – it’s going to be amazing!
- Wishing you all the best on your special day! You deserve all the happiness int he world and more!
- I can’t believe you are turning 20! You’re a next generation adult now, and I’m so proud of everything you’ve achieved.
- Today is your day and all the days before it have all led up to celebrate your ____(#) birthday.
- You’re one of my favorite people in the world and I can’t wait for us to celebrate.
- Congratulations on becoming 20 years old – its been an amazing journey so far but your future is wide open and I can’t wait to see what you do with it.
- You’re one year closer to being 30!
- It’s been so fun watching you grow up and mature into the man you are today!
Write Inside the Birthday Card for 30 +
- You’re an amazing woman and I’m so lucky to have you (or call you) my friend. Happy Birthday!
- Here’s a Happy Birthday wish for your first year of being 30!
- Dear —-, I hope this year is your best one yet and that it’s filled with joy and happiness. You deserve the best life has to offer, so I wish you all the best. Happy Birthday.
- You’re such an amazing person and I admire the things you do and who you are. Thank you for being there for me when I need it the most. Here’s to another fantastic year!
- Wishing you all the best as you enter this new decade of your life!
- You’re still young enough to have fun with your friends and family, but old enough that it won’t be too much work.
- You’re such a beautiful person and I hope your day is perfect.
- Don’t worry about the number, you are a woman with so much to offer the world.
- I am so proud of you and all that you achieved, I hope that this next year is your best yet!
- I hope your day is as special as you are. I hope it’s everything you ever wanted and more
- I’m so happy to celebrate your birthday with you today! You deserve the best day ever.
- Happy 30th Birthday, my dear friend! You’re an incredible person and I can’t wait to see what next year brings you.
- You’ve grown into such an amazing woman, and I am so proud of you. Your life is going to be so full of adventure. So, enjoy every moment!
- You’re so special to me and I’m so grateful we have become friends over these past few years. You’re always there for me no matter what, which is something I’ll never forget. Thank you for being such a great friend. Happy Birthday!
Birthday Card for the 40 + Group
- You’re Only getting better with age
- Keep living life to the fullest, because you’re only getting better with age!
- I hope your 40th year is better than your 39th year. And that’s saying something because it was pretty amazing
- It seems like only yesterday we were in high school together, but here we are at 50 years old.
- Happy Birthday! Your getting old, dude!
- A birthday is a day to celebrate and enjoy life. But it also can be a time when you feel a little sentimental, thinking back on all that you have accomplished and the people who helped you along the way. As you reach your 50th year, we hope that this card brings you joy and makes you feel loved on your special day. Celebrate with family and friends, relax with hobbies that bring relaxation, or keep doing what you’re doing. Whatever it is, we hope this card reminds you to always enjoy life!
- This year I wish for you to be happy and healthy.
- Today’s your big day! Have a wonderful one!
- You’re not old, you’re vintage!
- I bet you feel like a million bucks and look like two!
- If wrinkles were medals, you’d have enough to fill a trophy case!
- You’re turning 50, but you’re not slowing down. You’ve got the world to explore and I’m happy to see you enjoy it.
Daughter / Mother
- You’re an amazing, talented and intelligent woman. I’m so proud to be your mom!
- Happy Birthday, baby girl/Princess!(or whatever nickname)I hope you have a day as special as you are!
- Happy Birthday to my beautiful daughter who is turning another year older today!
- Dear daughter of mine, I am so happy that God Chose me to be your mommy on this earth, Happy Birthday
- You’re best sister/daughter/ friend anyone could ever ask for!
- I’m so proud of the man that you are – thank you for being my brother and friend!
- Happy Birthday to the coolest guy I know!
- Thanks for being the best brother a girl could ever ask for! You’ve always been there for me, even when we don’t see each other as often as we used to. You’re such an amazing person and I can’t wait to celebrate the day with you.
- Happy birthday to the man who’s always been there for me. You’re the best dad, brother, and grandfather. I’m so lucky to have you in my life.
- Your such a wonderful husband. I couldn’t imagine my life without you.